Last Updated: Apr 29, 2022
Congratulations! You just found out the wonderful news that you’re pregnant and you are trying to decide when you want to have the baby shower. Baby showers are an exciting milestone and event for any woman becoming a first-time mom. There are a lot of options to decide on when throwing a shower as it’s one of the most important times in your life as you enter motherhood. Do you want it to be coed? How traditional do you want it to be? Who will you plan on inviting? While there are many things to consider for your baby shower, you will also need to determine what you want the baby shower invitations to say. Here, you will find elegant baby shower invitation wording for a baby shower of any kind.
Jump to a specific section to answer your question:
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
- Sweet Baby Boy Shower Invitation Wording
- Previous Baby Girl Shower Invitation Wording
- Gender Neutral Shower Invitation Wording
- Gender Neutral Shower Invitation Wording
- Coed Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- Creative Book Instead of Card Invitation Wording
- Additional Baby Celebration Wording
Baby shower invitations are one of the most important elements of the baby shower as it allows you to bring together all your family and friends to celebrate your special moment as a soon-to-be mom. You can personalize your invitations however you like with your favorite photos of you and your belly bump, or sweet message expressing your excitement to meet your little one. Before you decide how you want to word your baby shower invitation, it is good to figure out the logistics for the invitations. Continue reading below for inspiration on what to say, who to invite and when to mail them out.
What to Include on a Baby Shower Invitation
When planning your baby shower and making the invitations, make sure that you include all of the necessary information so your guests know exactly when and where to be on your special day. You should include the name of the parents, as well as the date and time of the event for guests to mark their calendars. Include the location of the event and who is hosting it if it’s being hosted by someone that is not one of the parents. Be sure to leave their contact information as well so guests can respond to the host. If you know the name and gender of the child you can also include those in your baby shower invitations.
Who to Invite to the Baby Shower
Who you invite to the baby shower depends on the kind of baby shower you want. It can be coed or you can have two showers. You can have a more traditional shower that is all women for the mom. You can also have a diaper party that is all guys for the dad. Once you decide, form a guest list and include their names and addresses on the list for organization. Forming a guest list now will be helpful later on when it’s time to write out thank you cards to all who attended the event and gave you a baby shower gift. This way, there will be no confusion as to who bought you what among the many gifts you receive.
When to Send Out Invitations for the Baby Shower
Sending out invitations in a timely manner is important when planning a baby shower. Try to send the invitations out at least a month before the shower. This way, guests will have enough time to clear their schedules, get back to you on whether or not they can come, and buy a gift for the baby. Before you send out your invitations, be sure to check out our custom envelopes and address labels, all of which you can personalize with your favorite colors and designs. This will surely add a sweet touch to go along with your baby shower invitations and make your guests light up with joy when they receive theirs.
So, your little boy is on the way and you are so excited to welcome him into the world. You need to find the right words for your card to express your excitement to all of your guests. These ideas will do just that.
- “Our precious little prince is on his way”
- “Come help us celebrate baby boy _____.”
- “Oh Boy! Come help us shower ______.”
- “We are excited to welcome our little man into the family. Help us celebrate.”
- “It’s a boy! Come welcome and celebrate our little boy.”
- “Everything will be light blue, we hope to celebrate our baby boy with you!”
- “A baby boy is on the way! You’re invited to come celebrate our newest addition.”
Having a baby girl is a special moment. You need the perfect wording for the invitation to get everyone else as excited as you are for your little girl. These examples are sure to make everyone smile when they open your invitation.
- “We’re tickled pink to announce there is a girl on the way.”
- “A precious baby girl is almost here!”
- “Come help us shower _____ with love.”
- “A little lady is on the way!”
- “It’s a girl! Come celebrate our little girl.”
- “A baby girl is on the way, so we are showering her mother with gifts for the big day.”
- “Please join us for a shower to honor ____ and her daughter _____.”
Even if you don’t know the gender of your baby, you can still create a super special and creative invitation.
- “Whether it is a boy or a girl, come help us shower our special child.”
- “Our little one is on the way.”
- “Let’s celebrate the baby on the way”
- “Oh, baby! There’s a special someone on the way.”
- “Little man, or little lady? It’s a surprise for us too! Come join us celebrating our newest addition to the family.”
- “Let’s celebrate this special day. ______’s baby is on the way.”
Use baby shower as a time to surprise everyone with the gender of your baby. These cute gender reveal invitation wordings are sure to excite your quests.
- “Blue or pink, what do you think? Come find out!”
- “Girl or boy? Either way we will be filled with joy.”
- “He or she, what do you think our little baby will be?”
- “We’ve got a surprise cooking. Join us for our shower and find out what the surprise is for yourself.”
- “Will our baby be a girl or boy? Come cast your vote at our gender reveal party.”
- “It’s time for a bows or bow-ties party.”
A coed baby shower is less traditional than a normal baby shower. In order to make sure your guests know it is coed, mention both of the parents names on the invitation. Include neutral coloring on the invitation so it doesn’t look like it is for one specific gender to be invited as well.
- “Let’s shower both mom and dad before the big day.”
- “Come celebrate the soon-to-be parents! This couple’s shower will welcome baby ___”
- “Come join us for a couple’s shower. All are invited and welcome to come.”
- “_____ and _____ invite you to their coed baby shower.”
- “Mr. and Mrs. would like to invite you in welcoming their child into the world.”
Another nontraditional baby shower involves receiving books instead of cards. There are many creative ways to incorporate this request into the invitation without making it too obvious.
- “If you would be so kind, instead of a card, please bring a book that you have signed.”
- “You are invited to celebrate our newest addition! Please bring a book and sign the inside for our little one.”
- “We have one request that will not be too hard. Please bring a book instead of a card.”
- “Let’s start this baby on a journey of reading. Instead of a card, it is a book we are needing.”
- “Whether it be well-loved, or brand new, please bring us a book that’s signed by you.”
Baby showers are not always traditional. In fact, many people like to take the nontraditional route of having either a baby sprinkle or a diaper party. Whichever case it may be, you still should to send out invitations for all of the guests.
A baby sprinkle is still a baby shower, but it is much simpler. The future mom is is still given gifts for her baby. However, there are less decorations and it’s more of a casual shower.
- “Twinkle Twinkle, it’s a sprinkle!”
- “With a baby on the way, join us for our baby sprinkle.”
- “Come sprinkle our baby with love.”
- “Come join ____ and ____ for a baby sprinkle.”
- “Come attend our baby sprinkle, where we will celebrate our coming baby.”
A diaper party is baby shower but for the father-to-be. Diaper parties are normally centered around two things: beer and diapers. It is a much more casual celebration, and rather than guests bringing presents they bring diapers for the couple.
- “Come join us for a diaper and wipes party.”
- “There’s a bun in the oven and burgers on the grill. Come celebrate at our couple’s diaper party.”
- “Bottoms up! Bring your diapers and wipes for a good time celebrating our baby on the way.”
- “Huggies for chuggies at our diaper party. Join the celebration at this man shower for ____.”
- “A baby is brewing. Come join us for a diaper party celebration.”
There are many different kinds of baby showers you can choose to have depending on your personal preferences. Celebrating the arrival of a baby can be extremely special as it’s a beautiful life changing moment. Before sending our your invitations, make sure that you put a lot of thought into how you want to design in and what fonts to use. Tailor it to your personality and consider making the card represent the theme of the shower if there is one.
Your text doesn't have to be complex. You can use this baby shower invitation template as a basis for your invite: A baby [boy] [girl] is on the way; please help us prepare for the very special day! Join us for [mom-to-be's name] baby shower on [date] from [start time] to [end time]. [Address] Hosted by [host's name].How do you politely ask for gifts for a baby shower invitation? ›
Baby Shower Invitation Wording – Asking for Money
Cash and gift cards are welcome, but not required!” What is this? “We're excited to celebrate our new baby with you, and your presence is the only gift we need! If you're thinking of giving us something, a contribution to our baby supply fund would be much appreciated.”
Let's stock baby's library! Instead of a card, please bring a book to the baby shower. Include a message and your name inside so we know who it's from. Instead of a greeting card, please sign the cover of a book that our little one will enjoy for years to come.How do you ask for books instead of cards? ›
Instead of bringing a greeting card, please write your inscription and wishes in your favorite children's book. Please skip the card, and instead help us fill baby's shelves with all the “friends” (s)he needs. Please skip the card, and instead help us fill baby's shelves with all the “friends” (s)he needs.What is a sprinkle baby shower? ›
What is a baby sprinkle or a baby sprinkle shower? A baby sprinkle is a type of baby shower to celebrate a family's second child. Instead of a traditional shower, the gifts are often diapers, wipes and a few outfits since many families who are expecting their second child already have a lot of the gear they'll need.How many days before a baby shower should you send invitations? ›
Invitations are sent out three to six weeks before the shower. This gives guests enough time to respond, and get/send a gift if they are going to.How do you say monetary gifts preferred? ›
“If you were thinking of giving a gift to help us on our way, a gift of cash towards our honeymoon would really make our day, however if you would prefer a gift please feel free, to surprise us in your own special way.”How do you politely ask for gifts on an invitation? ›
If you definitely want to let people know that you would like to receive a gift, simply add 'Gifts would be appreciated' to the bottom of your invitations. It's simple and straight to the point, as well as being polite.How do you say monetary gifts preferred for baby shower? ›
We're so happy to celebrate our special day with you! Your presence is the best present, but if you want to help us prepare for our future as a family, please contribute to our financial goals with a cash gift! We have our little one, and we're so excited!Who greets guests at a baby shower? ›
While the current trend is for anyone to throw a baby shower, strict shower etiquette says a shower should be hosted by a friend or not-so-immediate relative, such as a cousin or aunt. The host will greet all guests personally, take their coats, indicate where presents should be deposited and offer them a beverage.
You don't want guests to be uncertain about your meaning. For example: “Food at our wedding reception will be provided to guests at their expense. The cost per guest is (price per plate). Check this box to R.S.V.P.Where do you write in a book as a gift? ›
Where you decide to write in the book is a personal preference. Perhaps on the top of the inside cover page, the title page, or the first page are all ideal spots. The key is finding enough space for your note, and adding it in the beginning pages so your recipient can see it upfront.Should you write in a book you give as a gift? ›
And the second rule? “Never write an inscription in a book, unless you've written it yourself.” (He is bemused by authors who do not like to give their own books, lest they be thought of as self-promoting.)What to do with cards you don t want? ›
- Re-gift them. Sure, re-gifting is often given the judgmental side-eye but hear me out. ...
- Donate them. ...
- Use them to buy gifts for others. ...
- Exchange/sell them with others.
A Baby Sprinkle is celebrating the second and third children and so the gifts are going to be different.How do you host a lowkey baby shower? ›
- Don't go too crazy on decor.
- Definitely have snacks & a mock-tail (with the option of adding alcohol!)
- Have some kind of fun, optional activity.
Strict rules like “female guests only,” “the parent-to-be or their immediate family can't host the shower” and “you shouldn't have a shower for any baby after your first” were largely indisputable 60 to 80 years ago. Some people love sticking with those traditions, but with new decades come new flexibility.Is it rude to not open gifts at a baby shower? ›
As much as guests would love for the mom-to-be to open their gifts, proper etiquette is respecting her wishes and not asking her to open the presents during the shower.Should you give favors at a baby shower? ›
If you're wondering whether or not you should provide party favors to your guests, honestly, it's really up to you. Party favors are a nice gesture to thank guests for coming, but they can quickly get expensive. If you do choose to give party favors, feel free to cap your spending at just a few dollars per guest.What is one word for gift money? ›
1 donation, contribution, offering, benefaction, endowment, bounty, boon, largess, alms, gratuity, tip, premium, allowance, subsidy, bequest, legacy, inheritance, dowry.
If you'd rather receive funds:
In lieu of gifts, we would appreciate a contribution made to our [honeymoon, house, etc.] fund.
Non-monetary gifts, also called in-kind gifts, are gifts intended for use in the form in which they are given.When invitation says no gifts what is etiquette? ›
If an invitation says “no gifts,” honor that request.
So if they request no gifts, don't bring one. But you can bring a card made or signed by your child. This gives your child something to hold when he arrives at the party and shows his thoughtfulness toward his friend.
Keep it simple with an “RSVP by” or “Please RSVP by” at the bottom of your invitation. Or, get fancy and write out the RSVP acronym: “Répondez s'il vous plaît.” In French, this means “Please reply.” If "RSVP" isn't your thing, write “Reply by,” or “Kindly reply by” instead.How do you say your presence is present enough? ›
Your presence at the celebration is enough of a present. Your presence is the only present desired. Your loving presence in our lives is a gift…we request no other. Your presence is the best gift you could give us.How do you ask for money for a baby gift? ›
Be polite when asking for a baby cash fund
Be as polite as possible when asking for monetary gifts. The most polite thing you can do is leave the contribution amount open. Don't ask the guests for a set amount each, as it will leave a bad taste in their mouths.
For coworkers or acquaintances, people tend to spend around $30 to $50. For friends or distant relatives, many people spend between $50 and $100. For close friends or family members, most people spend between $100 and $200 or more.Is $100 dollars good for a baby shower gift? ›
"I don't feel that it should ever be expected that you should spend more than $100 on a baby shower gift," says Patrick Kucharson, author of the Better Gift Coach newsletter. "An expected range that feels appropriate for most people is $25-100, depending on how close you are to the expecting parents."How do you say no gifts on a baby shower invitation? ›
In lieu of a gift, please bring a photo of yourself and a letter for the baby! We would love to celebrate mom-to-be with love and support instead of gifts. We've already been blessed with the items we need, please just come and celebrate with the parents-to-be.How do you say in lieu of gifts? ›
- “In lieu of gifts, we wish to spread more love by requesting that guests make a donation to [charity].” ...
- “In lieu of gifts, please consider making a donation to a charity of your choice.” ...
- “Our love has already brought us so many gifts.
It's a request being made directly (“no gifts please”) or tastefully (“presents in blessings only”, “your blessings are the only gift we need” or poetically (Please do not fuss/The most important thing of all /Is that you come celebrate with us!).How many guests should be invited to a baby shower? ›
Traditionally, baby showers are intimate events, with the average number of attendees being about 20 and definitely fewer than 50. After you figure out who you want to invite, you'll have a baseline guest list.Should you open presents at a baby shower? ›
Everyone has different options yet we believe it's best to open the gifts before the virtual baby shower. And when it comes time to go on the call you can thank everyone and show the gifts. This will speed up the process but everyone will still be able to see the presents you received.What is an average guest list for a baby shower? ›
Every baby shower is different, but most ladies agree that 15 to 30 is the perfect number of ladies at a typical baby shower or about 30-40 for a coed. These numbers change depending on the size of the family, number of friends, and even work colleagues involved.What is a polite way to say everyone pays for themselves? ›
"Going Dutch" (sometimes written with lower-case dutch) is a term that indicates that each person participating in a paid activity covers their own expenses, rather than any one person in the group defraying the cost for the entire group.Is it okay to host a party and ask the guests to pay? ›
“Asking guests to contribute for an event is sometimes considered acceptable if they have been asked beforehand during a previous discussion,” she said. “So it's generally considered impolite to offer to host a party and then ask for contributions after the event.”How do you say everyone pays for themselves nicely? ›
If you are putting it in writing on invitations I would say; We will be enjoying a meal together at 'restaurant name' in honor of 'whoever's birthday' on 'date' at 'time'. Please understand that each guest will be paying for a meal and/or beverages of his or her choice. We hope to see you there!What do you write in front of a book? ›
The front matter in a book consists of: the title page (which includes copyright information, the ISBN number, etc.), the dedication, the epigraph, table of contents, acknowledgements, the foreword, the preface, the introduction, and the prologue.What is a book inscription? ›
a book, or other printed piece, with a handwritten and signed statement usually written for a specific named person(s) and often located on the end paper or title page; when "inscribed" is used to describe a book, unless otherwise stated, it is implied that the author has written the inscription.What is the 5 card trick rule? ›
Five Card Trick: In the event you draw 5 cards to a hand without exceeding 21, you automatically win and the Dealer will pay you even money. ANY PAIRS Any Pairs is an optional side wager offered on certain Blackjack Challenge tables.
Also, you should never share your personal banking details, such as PIN, card number, card expiry date and CVV number (that's the three digit number, which, in Starling's case can be found on the right side of the signature strip).What is the most popular card trick? ›
The most famous card trick is an advanced card trick called Triumph. It is a well-known trick that every card magician loves to perform. The Triumph trick involves a card being selected and lost in the deck. Then the magician magically makes all the cards, except the spectator's card, face the same direction.What do you write on a shower invitation? ›
A bridal shower invitation should feature basic information, such as the name of the host, the bride-to-be and details about the event, as well as any additional information that's unique to the party, such as the theme and registry information.How do you welcome everyone to a baby shower? ›
Welcome to [name of mother-to-be's] baby shower! I'm so glad you could all come to help us celebrate the arrival of this new little [boy or girl]. I've known [mother-to-be] for [amount of time], ever since [give circumstances of your meeting]. [Mother-to-be] is going to make a fantastic mom.
- Your child's name.
- Your child's age.
- The time and place of the birthday party.
- The theme of the birthday party.
- Your RSVP details.
- The RSVP deadline.
The Guest of Honor: who do you honor on a baby shower invite? It may or may not seem obvious, but the mom-to-be or the parents-to-be are the guests of honors at baby showers. If the baby shower is more traditional where only women are invited then the guest of honor will be the mom-to-be.What should I write in an invitation? ›
- Your name.
- Type of party: Let your guests know what special occasion or milestone your party is in aid of, whether that be your 30th birthday or your engagement.
- Date and time of the party.
- Best wishes to you during this exciting time!
- Congratulations on your new arrival!
- Wishing you all the best for your baby!
- Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood!
- Can't wait to meet the newest member of your family!
- So excited to watch you become parents!
A baby shower is technically a party to honor the mother, so her name goes on the baby shower invitation by default. However, many modern baby showers are co-ed and also include the father. If that's the case, the mother's and father's names can both be included at the top of the card.What do you say at the end of a baby shower? ›
"Thank you for hosting such a lovely shower for the baby and me. It was so special to celebrate with our favorite people, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the time and energy you put into making me feel loved." "What a day! Thank you for making me feel so celebrated and loved at the baby shower.
There are no hard and fast rules about who can give a baby shower toast, but typically it's either the hostess, the mom-to-be, or close family members. Choose one person to give a toast at the shower or designate times throughout the event for different people to say toasts.How do you write a short invitation message? ›
- We request the honor of your presence… ...
- We request the pleasure of your company…
- Together with our parents, we invite you…
- We ask you to be present with us at the ceremony uniting…
- We invite you to share with us a celebration of love…